HR Director Cover Letter
Hr Directors coordinate staff and plan human resources programs in an organization. Their role is to attract and retain talent, as well as aligning human resources objectives with general organizational objectives. Typical duties listed on an Hr Director resume include recruiting and hiring staff, adhering to company procedures and industry regulations, administering payroll and benefits, offering human resources advice to management, identifying training needs, and constantly updating their job knowledge.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples, essential qualifications for a Hr Director include:
- Human resources management expertise
- Analytical thinking
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving orientation and process improvement
- Networking and cultivating relationships
- Computer competences
- Teamwork and the ability to work independently
An example cover letter showcasing similar qualities can be consulted below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive HR Director Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Richardson:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the HR Director position you have available at Daystar Systems. As an accomplished senior HR executive with extensive success and experience, I possess a wide range of knowledge and talents that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My expertise lies in successfully directing organizational planning and development through strategic initiatives and programs. Throughout my career history, I have managed talent selection practices, process improvements, staff development, and employee relations. Additionally, my established success supervising and guiding teams positions me to make a significant contribution to your organization.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Innovating dynamic policies, programs, and initiatives to optimize employee morale and boost retention and satisfaction while providing ongoing advisement and feedback to senior management teams.
- Directing recruitment, performance appraisals, and change management to generate streamlined, efficient operations and achieve organizational objectives.
- Establishing solid and trusting partnerships through exceptional relationship-building skills; utilizing positive energy and interpersonal abilities to secure employee and management trust.
My proven dedication to optimizing organizational success through my acute knowledge of human resources operations and strategies will contribute immensely to the success of Daystar Systems. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Leslie S. Good
HR generalist cover letter
View this sample cover letter for an HR generalist, or download the HR generalist cover letter template in Word.
As an HR generalist, you know what it takes for a candidate to get the job—and having a solid cover letter is a big advantage. To be considered for top HR generalist jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for working with people. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for an HR generalist, or download the HR generalist cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can look for HR generalist jobs on Monster.
HR generalist cover letter template
Sometown, IA 55555 | Phone: (555) 555-5555 | Email: email@example.com
Human Resources Generalist
Develop and support HR solutions that impact all levels of the organization
November 8, 2017
Ms. Janet Dixon
55 West Ave.
Sometown, IA 55555
Re: HR Generalist t Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Dixon:
As you know, a day in the life of an HR generalist is multifaceted. We can go from managing full-cycle recruitment of talented team members to investigating FMLA or EEO compliance matters within the span of an hour. While confident in my skills across multiple HR practice areas, the driving force is my desire to elevate the performance and job satisfaction of our most valuable asset—the employees.
I’ve spent the past six years working in the HR Department of DEF Company’s corporate headquarters in support of the 1,500-member global engineering group. After initial success as an HR assistant, I was promoted to my current HR generalist role.
My passion for people—combined with an understanding of HR best practices—has contributed to numerous HR initiatives delivering exceptional results. For example, my team and I:
- Increased the employee satisfaction index 16% by spearheading a “Flexible Work Solutions” employment program (a first within the company). This innovative program promotes non-traditional work schedules, work-at-home options and job-sharing partnerships.
- Created an ongoing training program on HR policies and SOPs that strengthened compliance, boosted morale and improved recordkeeping.
- Conceptualized, launched and staffed DEF Sales, a new department that provided needed sales and marketing support to field workers.
Backed by a BBA in human resources, I’m committed to helping companies create winning work cultures and top-performing teams. I take pride in providing value-adding advisory and support services to my employers, and strive to serve as a catalyst for continuous improvement.
Please contact me at (555) 555-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting. Thank you.